WHY CONTRACT US FOR REVERSE ENGINEERING?
Reverse engineering and surface recreation are offered by different companies, which have different backgrounds. Compared to a company embossed by metrology, we are characterized by more than 20 years of CAD-design experience. Our expertise is that we often have a holistic view of the design intent behind a project.
- Understanding of original design intent / function
- Dealing with obvious manufacturing deviations on the original part (e.g. sand casting)
- Handling parametric design software
- Necessary functional features (tolerances, fits, standards …)
- Derivation of production-compliant documentation (manufacturing drawings, shrink models …)
- Knowledge about manufacturing processes (plastic, metal, generative …)
- Knowledge about technical materials
- Seamless transition to re-engineering possible (modification / customization)
- Direct production of 3D-printed sample parts possible
POSSIBLE CONDITIONS IN REVERSE ENGINEERING
Triangulated mesh, regular or curvature-optimized.
Adaptation of surfaces to the scan result mesh, with minimal deviation.
Depending on the customer’s request, it is sometimes sufficient to make only individual areas editable. The areas that you do not want to change is created as nonparametric surfaces.
False-color comparison between generated result and original part. The colours indicate the degree of deviation from the 3D-scan.
Instead of a copy, only relevant features are taken from the old part and derived directly from a new component with improved function.
HYBRID MODEL – EASIER WAY FOR REPRODUCTION
Do You have real part and do You need reproduce it?
Remodeling original part completly in CAD is expensive process. If You dont have a plan to change geometry of origianal part, its not necessary. We have a solution for You, its Hybrid model.
In Hybrid model geometry is automaticaly generated from 3D scan. This geometry is not parametric and hardly to change, but can be combined with fully parametric features in CAD. Create Hybrid model is up to 10 times faster then completely remodel it in CAD.
|- Generated geometry|
|- CAD geometry|